Phew! Only three days after applications were released to the Etsy Maine Team and already the response has been huge! What was a tiny, little good idea three weeks ago is now a great, big project. Today we are opening applications to the general public, and encourage anyone who might love a fun afternoon with crafters, artist and vintage resellers alike to apply!
How-to? Click that ‘Apply!’ link at the tab at the top of the page and download the .pdf of The BIG THAW Application. You can either print it out, fill in the spaces and mail to the address listed with your vendor fee check, or you can email the contact on the application for a Word document so you can fill in the spaces, email, and mail vendor fee separately. Please let us know if you have any questions!
Here are the top 5 reasons you want to join us at The BIG THAW:
1. Great company! Already the response from a strong arts community is getting us excited about a day with creative people from across Maine.
2. Great food. The BIG THAW is being held on the East End of Portland, which boasts new additions to the Portland restaurant scene such as Chiang Mai II (Thai), Otto’s (pizza) and old Portland favorites like KatieMade Bakery, Coffee By Design, Silly’s and Tu Casa. Just make sure you’ve got someone to watch your booth for your lunch break!
3. Great season. The BIG THAW, in addition to being an excellent place to score sweet gifts for yourself and your friends, is also a celebration of the coming Spring and THE END OF WINTER in Maine. Phew. Just a few more months!
4. Great space. Wow – have you BEEN to Mayo Street Arts Center? The airy, open space doubles as a performance center by night. Go check something out to get a feel for the excellent ambiance we are super psyched about.
5. Great timing. This is the first crafts/arts/vintage fair to be held at the Mayo Street Arts Center. Whether you’re selling at or just visiting The BIG THAW you’ll be part of history! Saturday in Spring also promise delicious and nutritious farmer’s market finds at Deering Oaks Park – so why not make a day of it and do a cross-town walk after loading up on veggies?
As applications are received and accepted we will be listing vendors at the tab at the top of the page. No spaces are guaranteed until your vendor fee check has been deposited as we’re trying hard to make sure we have a diverse selection of goods for the fair-goers to choose from. We can’t wait to hear from you!