Hi, everyone! Thanks for visiting The BIG THAW website. You’re probably looking for more information about how to apply, so you can click on the tab at the top of this page that says “Apply!” to download the .pdf (please email littleeyedesigns at gmail dot com for a .doc file)
Sharing Means Caring. And nothing says caring like a heart-shaped outhouse window. By Little Eye Designs.
I was reflecting today on how huge the response has been already to what was just a seed of an idea at the beginning of January. Phew! I wanted to talk a little about how we encourage sharing tables for artists, crafters or vintage sellers who may be doing their first craft fair, who like spending the day with their friends selling awesome things, or maybe don’t have as much start up cash as they’d like.
Let me be the first to say: applying to The BIG THAW with your buddy to split a space is highly encouraged. Why? Well, truth be told is that no matter what Carl Sagan says, space is limited. We calculate to have room for about 30 vendors, if only individuals were to sign up. But wouldn’t it be great if we had 10 shared tables and were able to expose our visitors to 40 sellers instead of 30?
Here is a little bit of info why it’s great to share + care with your artist-y, vintage-y friends:
1. Cost. Wow! The vendor fee just got cut in half like that. Need I say more?
2. Company. Sometimes 6 hours can seem like a long time to be on your feet, peddling your wares. It’s nice to have a familiar face to keep you company throughout the day.
3. Friends are your best salespeople. Sometimes when sales are lagging at fairs my friends and I have done we’ll trade places and sell each others’ stuff. It really works – lots easier to be a salesperson for someone else than for yourself (although it’s good to learn that skill, too!)
4. Someone to watch the table while you go get snacks. And who doesn’t love snacks?! Mayo Street’s refreshment bar will be open throughout the day so you’ll leave your cash box at the table during snack time knowing someone’s sitting on top of it for you.
5. Load in/Load out. Lugging five trips from the main floor to your car, no matter how long or short that trip is, is always exhausting. Better to have four arms than two to make it happen!
Lastly, I’d like to reiterate that applications will be open through February 28th, 2011. No applications are considered accepted until vendor fees are deposited and a notice is sent to the seller or main contact on the application.
We really, really, really wish we could fit everyone but just know your organizers are thinking about every aspect of every application and making the tough decisions with due diligence. And lots of chocolate cake. Lots and lots.
Audrey at Little Eye
Read Full Post »